Dr. Stephen Madry Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Stephen Madry?

Posted on November 8th, 2017

hard to give Dr. Madry a rating as anytime I've had a follow up with him following lumpectomy and reconstruction, he usually spends less than 2 minutes in the room with me. I'm pretty pleased with the reconstruction results. Today, however, after waiting an hour for my appointment I realized his staff know nothing about service recovery and perhaps don't see those in the waiting room as customers. No acknowledgement about the wait time, no apology, no options offered when I pointed out my wait time. Not sure I'm going back. Maybe that's ok with them.

Great surgeon, great results, glad he was part of the team

Posted on June 23rd, 2017

I was diagnosed with breast cancer and was in a state of disbelief that it was happening to me. My cancer surgeon referred me to a radiologist and the radiologist referred me to Dr. Madry. Dr. Madry was part of a fabulous team all working at Advocated Good Shepard in Barrington. Dr. Madry explained to me what his part of the surgical procedure would be and what results I could expect. I absolutely love the results and loved being under his care. He's soft spoken, has a good almost quiet sense of humor, and answers all your questions. Would I go back to him again? Yes, in a heart beat! He's a great surgeon.

Highly recommend Dr. Madry

Posted on May 31st, 2017

Dr. Madry sutured up my scalp after a motorcycle accident; when it healed, the scar was hardly visible. He talked while he worked explaining the sutures under the skin, and the ones external.. All healed well. -Great work! I was fortunate to have Dr. Madry fix me up. That was over 10+ yrs ago. Since then I have visited Dr. Madry three times (most recent was last week) to remove fatty deposits (cysts) I develop under my skin -on my arms and on my scalp. Each time, Dr. Madry's work has been professional, the areas healing without complications. Best thing I found was, he is personal with an easy and relaxed manner, during the time I meet him in his office for the consult, during the procedures, and afterwards. I accept he has other patients scheduled after me, so I am ok with him being quick.

Excellent surgeon

Posted on March 7th, 2017

Terrific bedside manner, great sense of humor

Abdominalplasty & Mammoplasty

Posted on July 9th, 2016

I have excellent services with Dr. Madry and his staff. They took very good care of me. Appointments was easy to get when needed.

Good surgeon

Posted on June 2nd, 2016

As far as a surgeon goes, he's great. I'm very happy with my results. He has a dry sense of humor, which I personally enjoy, but I can see where not everyone would appreciate it. He does not take a lot of time with you and was not very good at explaining the process and what to expect after the procedure. His nurse, Jeanie is awesome! I saw her after the surgery for my follow up appointments and she takes her time with you and is very personable, I actually requested to see her instead of Dr Madry. The office staff is another story.... not friendly and quite frankly just rude! I would go back to Dr Madry if I wanted/needed another surgery because I know he will do a great job.

AWESOMENESS

Posted on April 6th, 2016

Nothing short of awesome. Through the entire process from start to finish. I would highly recommend him to everyone that needs him! God bless his good work.

Posted on March 24th, 2016

Great personality but in & out of the exam room way too quickly. Which is a shame because otherwise, he's great to work with.

Exceptional Surgeon

Posted on November 3rd, 2015

Dr. Stephen Madry has been an exceptional asset and essential member to my breast cancer team. As a physician, he is as prompt as he can be... We must keep in mind Dr. Madry is an emergency plastic surgeon as well, and is on call quite often. This is where his staff help out and his wonderful nurse practioner come into play. As for me, I am 40, devastating blow to find invasive breast cancer. Dr. Madry is an absolute joy to visit with. He is precise. To the point. Dr Madry even beat some of my family members to the hospital on the day of my mastecomy, he was waiting for me to return from the dye injection! Even though I had both breasts removed, he did such a phenomenal job with my tissue expanders, I have no bruising, no muscle cuts, just an absolute fabulous job. He is a miracle worker, working with little to no tissue to create a sense of femininity in us, who are emotionally wrecked at the loss of our breasts. I pray for Dr. Madry daily and thank God he is on my side giving me beautiful healthy breasts! Thank you so much Doc, you are a true gift.

Posted on September 3rd, 2015

Easy going manner and put us all at ease.

Posted on June 17th, 2015

Breast reconstruction after bilateral mastectomy. Very impersonal, I was in shock, he made light of things, told me I'd look hot, being a nice C cup. I was an A. I don't like the way I look 8 months later, his response, give it 2 more months. We will liposuction your tummy, take some fat and inject into your breast, bye.

Posted on May 27th, 2015

He is nicest doctor I've met he has sense of humor and he cares about his patients