Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stephen E Mcintyre MD
Dr. Stephen E Mcintyre, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Stuart, FL, with another office in Port Saint Lucie, FL. He has 23 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Mcintyre is affiliated with Martin Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Stephen E Mcintyre has 2 locations
1001 SE Monterey Commons Blvd Ste 300
Stuart, FL 34996
1945 SE Port St Lucie Blvd
Port Saint Lucie, FL 34952
Book Online Now
Dr. Stephen E Mcintyre has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Stephen E Mcintyre has the following 15 expertise
- Shortness of Breath
- Heart Diseases
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- High Blood Pressure
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Unstable Angina
- Exercise Stress Test
- Cardiac Ultrasound
- Nuclear Stress Test
- Chest Pain
- Heart Failure
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
Dr. Stephen E Mcintyre is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Stephen E Mcintyre - Posted on March 9th, 2016
I have suffered a STEMI heart attack due to spountaneous coronary artery dissection 30 days after my twin babies were born. Dr Mcintyre was the doctor who attended me at the hospital. He saved my life! I have been seeing him since then. He has outstanding bedside manner, patience, and knowledge. He takes the time to respond all my questions, and I am doing great under his care for almost 3 years. His office has a great service as well, with professionalism and promptness always.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Stephen E Mcintyre - Posted on September 10th, 2014
My Experience was the doctor was fantastic, The office admissions staff on the other hand to me were somewhat unreasonable and it was hard to tell if there was any communication going on with admission personnel and the doctors. In my case there was a billing issue and I was given in the end one week to fix it or sort of banned. I didnt even see the e-mail that fast because of my schedule. I had trouble getting around this person in the billing dept to talk to anyone about straitening the issue out. The really bizarre part was when I was banned was when I was able to basically straiten out the bill.Bottom line to me The Doctor was fantastic, some of the office staff , Not so much
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Mcintyre is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
George Washington University School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Graduated in 1995
Dr. Stephen E Mcintyre Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Stephen E Mcintyre is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Stuart, FL.