Dr. Stephen Mikulak Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Stephen Mikulak?

Hip replacement

Posted on November 8th, 2017

My primary care physician recommended replacing my right hip and gave me three names of potential surgeons – all at Hoag Orthopaedic. I interviewed all three plus a fourth who had done work on friends. There is no question in my mind that Dr. Mikulak was the best choice. Two of the other surgeons use the anterior approach. Dr. Mikulak uses a posterior approach, but he has refined his technique over time such that it is minimally invasive, cuts no muscle, and involves very little pain afterward. I have used Tylenol only since the surgery. I asked anyone I could find (patients, therapists, radiologists, other surgeons) about reputations and experience with hip surgeons before choosing Mikulak. Mikulak himself is impressive - calm, focused, expert, patient with questions, etc. – but the team that supports him just reinforces that aura of total professionalism and passion for patient care, from Dr. Mike Walker, who assists in the surgery, to Michelle Davidson, Dr. Mikulak’s assistant, to all of the office staff with whom I came in contact. Hoag Orthopaedic has arthroplasty down to a fine art as well; I can’t imagine that another facility, especially one not as specialized, could provide anywhere near their level of care. Even the food was excellent and customized to my request. On another patient feedback entry I saw a note that mentioned excessive waiting time for Dr. Mikulak. My experience has been the exact opposite. On every visit I have been called in quickly and have been able to approach Drs. Mikulak and Walker in the hallway with additional questions. The part I liked best is that surgery is usually scheduled within two weeks of the consultation, instead of 2-3 months with other surgeons. There may be other choices which rank highly as well, but Dr. Mikulak and his team are in the elite best few.

I am a physician MD

Posted on November 2nd, 2016

I am 65 years old and remain active in the gym and in sports. I have had both hips and my right knee replaced in the past five years. I never considered another surgeon other than Dr. Mikulak to perform these surgeries. His skill is unmatched and his staff is knowledgeable and efficient.

A Dedicated Doctor

Posted on August 11th, 2016

He is an excellent physician. The nature of his practice is that he gets emergencies. On occasion I've had lengthy waits for appointments at times but when I consider that the emergency could have been for me I realize the level of care he puts into his patients. I like it that he is decisive when I'm in a position where I'm having difficulty making a decision. He is a good man with a good staff. I've had terrific outcomes from his work.

Yes to a second round!

Posted on November 2nd, 2015

Has my right hip replaced two years ago and now will choose him again for my left hip. Excellent follow up, accurate diagnosis and a caring staff.

Posted on December 20th, 2014

Dr. Mikulak and his staff, nurses, and especially his assistant Mr. Mike Walker are all angels! This is how I felt like in the surgery room: "surrounded by angels"! Dr. Mikulak is very confident, knowledgeable, caring, and kind! His calm and confident demenour projects onto his patients as soon as he walks in!

Excellent

Posted on June 1st, 2014

I had both knees replaced 4 weeks apart in 2012. The recovery time was speedy and the knees are performing wonderfully(20 months later). The physician gave an accurate and honest diagnosis with no pressure. Additionally, I have much less scarring than most total knee replacement recipients. I highly recommend Dr Mikulak.

Husband's Hip Replacement

Posted on July 19th, 2013

My husband, Massimo had 16 months total hip replacement done by Dr. Stephan Mikulak- Excellent surgeon, Massimo is not an easy patient, however he is very please with the results, doctor's promptness, accurate diagnosis, manners, professionals and very courteous staff, with Mr. Mike the assistant. Thank you for making my husband running!!!

So Glad I Found Him!

Posted on July 8th, 2013

Had hip replacement surgery. Dr. M was the second Dr. That I went to for a consultation. The 1st Dr. was a total hack! Dr. M was knowledgable, explained everything completely and I had a great recovery with NO PAIN! And a very tiny scar! I was up and playing golf within 2 mos! Followup continues to be great. I have referred many friends to Dr M and they have been just as pleased.

?9

Posted on May 22nd, 2012

No Walker No Cane No Pain?

Posted on June 4th, 2011

Day 15. Walked 1.6 miles without assistance. Dr.Mikulak's PA and the entire team were always responsive to any needs and questions. I never had pain above a 2 out of 5 level.Thank You Dr.Mikulak and your awesome team of professionals

Unprofessional behavior when quesitioned about my problem he created.

Posted on April 30th, 2010

I would not recommend him and after I went for my hip replacement (and ended up with a fractured femur as well, despite good bone density) the people that had told me he "was good" were not as surprised of my experience. I wish they had been more honest in their recommendation.

Amazing Results

Posted on September 18th, 2009

I have had both knees replaced by Dr. Mikulak. The results are truly amazing. His minimally invasive surgery meant that my recover/rehab process has been literally pain free. I haven't needed anything stronger than extra strength Tylenol!! I'm walking without pain for the first time in over 6 years. Only two days in the hospital, no blood transfusions.