Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stephen M Norwood MD
Dr. Stephen M Norwood has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Stephen M Norwood has the following 15 expertise
- Bone Fracture
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Surgery
- Knee Surgery
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Joint Replacement
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Herniated Disc
- Sports Medicine
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. Stephen M Norwood - Posted on February 8th, 2016
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Norwood is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Graduated in 1982
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. Stephen M Norwood Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- FirstCare PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Stephen M Norwood
Dr. Schoen earned his MD from The University of Texas Health Science Center-Houston in 1982. He completed both general surgery and orthopaedic surgery residencies at Hermann Hospital in Houston. He narrowed his specialty in orthopaedics by completing a fellowship in orthopaedic foot and ankle surgery at the Medical College of Wisconsin in 1988. Dr. Schoen is board certified by the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Texas Medical Association, American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society, and the Travis County Medical Association. He is on staff at most local area hospitals and prefers to perform surgeries at Brackenridge Hospital and Texas Orthopedic Surgery Center.
Locations & DirectionsSW ORTHOPAEDIC GROUP, 2500 W William Cannon Dr Ste 401, Austin, TX
Dr. Stephen M Norwood is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Austin, TX.