Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Stephen M Olmstead has the following 1 specialty
- Allergy & Immunology
- Nasal Allergies
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Watery Eyes
- Hay Fever
Showing 5 of 24
Made appointment and explained reason for visit. Come and staff filled in basic information I could have done at home. Told by doctor to come back a week later (paid for nothing). Came back following week and spend hours there with a simple skin test. Saw Dr for 5-10 min and he did not even address my issue! Basically told me a skin test works as good as a blood test for food allergies. Did not even test all of the common areas of my concern! Acted quick to get me out of his sight to move on to the next person and sends staff in to do the majority of the work. Tried to sell me on something I didn't really need for several thousand dollars after insurance. Later learned there were a few people I knew who have seen him and had similar situations with totally different diagnosis's. He has no bedside manner and is very rude to his own staff (who will actually treat the patients pretty good). A general practitioner would be better than him.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
29 Years Experience
University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Baylor College Of Medicine
Dr. Stephen M Olmstead accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Scott and White
- Scott and White PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAllergy Asthma And Immunology, 7150 N President George Bush Hwy Ste 204, Garland, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Stephen M Olmstead in this video.
Dr. Stephen M Olmstead is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Garland, TX.