Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sstephen P Nguyen has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Showing 5 of 5
I must say that the nurse was not as professional as I would have liked her to be. Also about three different people would pop their heads in and out of the room, making me more uncomfortable. I was so sick after the Colonoscopy. I vomited all the way home and then slept until past 6p.m. I was drowsy for about three days. I got one follow up call. I am still waiting for my papers saying what was done and the prognosis. When I was vomiting on the way home, I used the bag with my paper work in it and had to disregard those papers. I called the office on the 23rd to have them send me new release papers, still I have not received them. I also feel the Dr. should have done a follow up call, being that I only saw him for the procedure and never before or after. This office could certainly be more professional. I had a Colonoscopy before with Dr. Vicky Yang in Atherton. I must say from beginning to end I couldn't have asked for a more professional staff. Kaiser folks could learn a few things...just saying.
Seems rushed and not fully listening. Makes assumption that age is more a problem than on going problem since childhood. Quick to diagnose. When I have called back complaining problem is worse or medicion not working, response back is slow. He does have a good PA working in his new office on the 79 that shows more concern and seems to listen.
Dr. Nguyen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
13 Years Experience
Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2005
Dr. Sstephen P Nguyen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Kaiser Permanente
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsKaiser Permanente, 1190 Veterans Blvd, Redwood City, CA
Dr. Sstephen P Nguyen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Redwood City, CA.