Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Stephen Plymate
Dr. Stephen Plymate, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Seattle, WA. He has 49 years of experience. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Plymate is affiliated with University of Washington Medical Center, Harborview Medical Center and UW Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Stephen Plymate has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Stephen Plymate has the following 18 expertise
- Addison Disease
- Castration (Orchiectomy)
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Gland Issues
- Hormone-Dependent Cancer
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
Dr. Stephen Plymate has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Stephen Plymate is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
There are no reviews for Dr. Stephen Plymate yet. Be the first to review this doctor!
Dr. Plymate is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
UW Medical Center
Madigan Army Medical Center
Veterans Affairs Puget Sound Health Care Center
49 Years Experience
University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1968
Pacific Medical Center
Dr. Stephen Plymate accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
Locations & DirectionsHarborview Medical Center, 325 9th Ave, Seattle, WA
Dr. Stephen Plymate is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Seattle, WA.