Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Stephen M Quinlan has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
Dr. Stephen M Quinlan has the following 7 expertise
- Urologic Emergencies
- Bladder Issues
- Kidney Stones
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Prostate Cancer
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
Dr. Stephen M Quinlan has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Stephen M Quinlan is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
Dr. Quinlan saw me on a last minute emergency basis. I am appreciative of his ability to manage patient scheduling without an excessive wait time. He was very thorough, aggressive in his diagnosis and very careful and informative. I would recommend him to anyone seeking the treatment that he provides. **This is an opinion, not stated or implied as fact.
Worst experience of my life with a Doctor. He literally yelled at me when I tried to question him. He said he had an report in me from a year I KNEW I was never there to have a test done. He got angry and stormed out of he room to get his "proof", the nurse came back in and showed he was wrong! When he came back in all he said was "I was'nt to far off!". It was a 2 year differance! When I tried to ask questions & ask for explanation of tests he just talked to me in a condescending manner & never answered my questions. Stay away from this "Doctor".
36 Years Experience
University Of Iowa Roy J And Lucille A Carver College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
University Of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics
Dr. Stephen M Quinlan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry IA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- Wellmark Alliance Select
Locations & Directions
Dr. Stephen M Quinlan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Des Moines, IA.