Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stephen Shapiro
Dr. Stephen Shapiro, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Rockville, MD, with other offices in Silver Spring, MD and Falls Church, VA (and 8 other locations). He has 46 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics and Pediatric Cardiology. Dr. Shapiro is affiliated with Prince William Hosp, Frederick Memorial Hospital and Calvert Memorial Hosp. He speaks English.
Dr. Stephen Shapiro has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Cardiology
Pediatric cardiologists are pediatricians with additional, specialized, training in the heart health of your children. When infants are born with congenital heart disease or abnormal hearts, pediatric cardiologists get involved as soon as possible — sometimes before the child is even born.
Through specific testing, they can diagnose the problem and care for the child throughout their treatment, which could range from medication to surgery and transplants. Other heart conditions they treat include arrhythmias, heart murmurs, holes in the heart and viral infections that affect blood flow.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
This man does not deserve a license to practice. He sexually assaulted me during a doctor's visit (I was 19 at the time when a congenital cardiac condition was first discovered and consequently referred to him for a diagnostic confirmation). Specifically, he fondled my breasts under the guise of a "breast exam" and made several sexually inappropriate comments to me. I reported him to AMA, which of course didn't do anything, but be aware of this monster.
Dr. Shapiro is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Prince William Hosp
Frederick Memorial Hospital
Calvert Memorial Hosp
Inova Fair Oaks Hospital
Holy Cross Hospital
Mt Washington Pediatric Hosp
Washington County Hospital - Hagerstown
Inova Alexandria Hospital
Winchester Medical Center Inc
Inova Loudon Hospital Center, Lansdowne
Montgomery General Hospital Inc
Anne Arundel Medical Center
Inova Fairfax Hospital
Mary Washington Hospital
Reston Town Center Pediatrics
Shady Grove Adventist Hosp
Virginia Hospital Center
Washington Hospital Center
46 Years Experience
New York University
Graduated in 1967
Dr. Stephen Shapiro accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Stephen Shapiro is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rockville, MD.