Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Stephen R Smith has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Addison Disease
- Gland Issues
- Cushing Disease
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
Dr Smith hung up on my physical therapist when she called to ask his advice because I was in severe pain. He claimed he didn't know anything about my fractured sacrum even though my family had reported it. He claimed to have not seen me in a long time but it had been only 2 months. He has prescribed 13 medications for me. We are finding a new doctor!
I can't really rate the doctor. Made a 1pm appointment as a new patient. Got there by the skin of my teeth from work. Waited until 1:45pm. Then I saw another patient's mom go back to see if her daughter can be seen next because the mom had to go to work. I checked with the receptionist, there were still 4 people ahead of myself. She blamed it on someone else. The least they could have done was call and let me know to arrive at 3pm or whatever. I left because I do have to work and couldn't be gone for three hours.
55 Years Experience
Harvard Medical School
Graduated in 1963
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Dr. Stephen R Smith accepts the following insurance providers.
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsStephen R Smith Md, 8709 Harford Rd, Parkville, MD
Dr. Stephen R Smith is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Parkville, MD.