Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stephen G Sawada
Dr. Stephen G Sawada, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Indianapolis, IN. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease and Critical Care Medicine. Dr. Sawada is affiliated with Iu Health University Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Stephen G Sawada has the following 3 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
Dr. Stephen G Sawada has the following 20 expertise
- High Cholesterol
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Myocardial Infarction
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Block
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Disease (Myocardial Ischemia)
- Left Ventricular Dysfunction
- Heart Failure
- Heart Diseases
- Blood Clot
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Coronary Disease
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Heart Attack
Dr. Stephen G Sawada has 2 board certified specialties
Dr. Stephen G Sawada is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Sawada is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry
Graduated in 1982
Strong Memorial Hospital
Dr. Stephen G Sawada accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Encore Health Network
- Encore Health Network
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
PHP Northern IN
- PHP Select with Encircle
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsKrannert Institute of Cardiology, 1801 Senate Blvd Ste 4000, Indianapolis, IN
Dr. Stephen G Sawada is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Indianapolis, IN.