Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Stephen M Scheper has the following 1 specialty
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Dr. Stephen M Scheper has the following 19 expertise
- Hip Disorders
- Neck Injuries
- Elbow Injuries
- Ankle Injuries
- Back Pain
- Elbow Nerve Compression Syndrome (Ulnar Nerve Compression Syndromes)
- Shoulder Pain
- Knee Disorders
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Nerve Damage
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Rotator Cuff Problem (Shoulder Impingement Syndrome)
- Sports Medicine
- Chronic Pain
- EMG/Nerve Conduction Studies
- Surgery Recovery
Dr. Stephen M Scheper is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Unethical practice. I was scheduled for an outpatient procedure. Dr. Scheper refused to perform entire procedure stating that the insurance company wouldn't allow him to treat multiple areas due to complexity. In reality, the insurance would approve the entire procedure, but the Doctor would get paid less for doing all work needed on one day. Doctor would get paid double for me to have same procedure on 2 separate days. I had to return on another day, go under anesthesia again, pay another facility fee and Co-insurance amount. Very wrong and dishonest.
I'm sorry that insurance companies put limitations on the amount of treatment we are allowed to perform on a single encounter. This is a worsening trend across medicine. Please recognize that when surgeries or procedures are performed in a facility, adding equipment used as well as the time spent by the staff and physician for extra "free" services is a much greater burden to the facility than it seems. In my private clinic we regularly go "above and beyond", often never getting paid by insurance for what we do. We do that gladly for the convenience of our patients, and will always continue to do so.
15 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Stephen M Scheper accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem CO Blue Priority PPO
- Anthem CO Bronze Pathway X HMO
- Anthem CO Gold Pathway HMO
- Anthem CO HMO
- Anthem CO Pathway
- Anthem CO Silver Pathway X HMO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAccelerated Recover Specialists, 5731 Silverstone Ter Ste 100, Colorado Springs, CO
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Stephen M Scheper in this video.
Dr. Stephen M Scheper is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Colorado Springs, CO.