- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Stephen P Schindler Jr has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Stephen P Schindler Jr has the following 10 expertise
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Abdominal Pain
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
Showing 5 of 9
Very good Doctor
Self-verified patient of Dr. Stephen P Schindler Jr - Posted on November 21st, 2017
Coloscopy and endoscopy
Self-verified patient of Dr. Stephen P Schindler Jr - Posted on August 1st, 2017
Dr. Schindler is awesome!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Stephen P Schindler Jr - Posted on March 18th, 2017
Dr. Schindler is very professional yet easy to understand. He explains you medical Dr. Schindler is professional yet easy to understand. He explains your medical condition and the plan of act as far as medication, any testing that may need to be done and so forth. I do not feel internal pain this makes me a difficult patient to diagnose and Dr. Schindler has worked diligently to help me. I would recommend him to everyone. His office staff are very helpful and extremely polite.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Stephen P Schindler Jr - Posted on March 22nd, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Stephen P Schindler Jr - Posted on March 19th, 2016
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
27 Years Experience
University Of Kentucky College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Dr. Stephen P Schindler Jr Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Bluegrass Family Health
- Baptist Health Community Care Network
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Stephen P Schindler Jr
Having watched my father practice medicine for 40 years and having practiced Gastroenterology myself for 20 years, I have had the opportunity to witness the many changes in medicine. Advances in technology as well as modern techniques in diagnostic and therapeutic procedures have been amazing. However, the one constant that I feel is the most important when choosing a physician is the doctor-patient relationship. The ability to sit down and listen compassionately to a person having a medical problem no matter how common or complex and really understand them and involve them in the whole process from diagnosis to treatment is what really sets that doctor apart. I pride myself with my technical abilities both in the office and in the endoscopy suite performing procedures as evidenced by my exceeding benchmark statistics such as polyp detection rates, low complication rates, and cecal intubation rates. However, my real pride comes from my desire to listen and interact with my patients on a personal level, and to try to involve them in their diagnostic and therapeutic journey. That relationship is why I became a doctor in the first place. For me, patients who chose me as their physician are a privilege, not just a number.
Locations & DirectionsCOLORECTAL SURGICAL AND GASTROENTEROLOGY ASSOCIATES, 2620 Wilhite Dr Ste 101, Lexington, KY
Dr. Stephen P Schindler Jr is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Lexington, KY.