- Baptist Health Lexington
- Ulcerative Colitis Get the facts about ulcerative colitis, including what causes it, signs and symptoms, and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Get the facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it, the symptoms, and the different types.
- Adult Asthma Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Fibromyalgia Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Stephen P Schindler Jr has the following 2 SPECIALTIES
Dr. Stephen P Schindler Jr has the following 10 expertise
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Abdominal Pain
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
28 Years Experience
Graduated in 1992
Graduated in 1992
Dr. Stephen P Schindler Jr Accepts the Following Insurance
More about Dr. Stephen P Schindler Jr
Having watched my father practice medicine for 40 years and having practiced Gastroenterology myself for 20 years, I have had the opportunity to witness the many changes in medicine. Advances in technology as well as modern techniques in diagnostic and therapeutic procedures have been amazing. However, the one constant that I feel is the most important when choosing a physician is the doctor-patient relationship. The ability to sit down and listen compassionately to a person having a medical problem no matter how common or complex and really understand them and involve them in the whole process from diagnosis to treatment is what really sets that doctor apart. I pride myself with my technical abilities both in the office and in the endoscopy suite performing procedures as evidenced by my exceeding benchmark statistics such as polyp detection rates, low complication rates, and cecal intubation rates. However, my real pride comes from my desire to listen and interact with my patients on a personal level, and to try to involve them in their diagnostic and therapeutic journey. That relationship is why I became a doctor in the first place. For me, patients who chose me as their physician are a privilege, not just a number.