Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Stephen R Sears has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Abdominal Pain
Showing 5 of 13
I saw Dr Sears as he was the first available and i was in a great deal of pain. After hardly listening to my symptoms he wants to do an upper and lower scope to look for concerns. In the office he confirmed he would do a specific test I requested for bacteria, he agreed. In the hospital before the scopes i asked his nurses and they said that he would do that biopsy and test for sure. I asked him AFTER the procedure still in the hospital to ensure it would be done and he confirmed it. After getting my results and calling the office i find out that he never did it!! I am still sick and now he wants me to follow up with the NP to figure it out, just washing his hands of me. Are you for real?? You had no problem charging my insurance over 5 GRAND, but i still have ALL the problems that i did before?! I would never recommend this Dr. It was no wonder that he had such an open schedule. I was and am deeply saddened by the promises and dismissal i received from someone who so easily billed my insurance for sub-par care.
Memorable? Ok. For weeks/going on months my mother has been suffering severe abdominal pain. Extreme CHRONIC nausea. Pain so escalated that the last visit to ER resulted in a dilaudid injection. NOTE.. dilaudid oral med escalated her already existing nausea and therefore had to be dropped. JUST TODAY, Jan 2 2014, another "office" informed me (after having to call this office myuself) that Dr Sears overseeing her MRCP, Ultra Sounds and numberous panels has "dropped" her. No notification from him. She is scheduled for a ECRP but not until JAN 23 because of Christmas vacations. Background.. she has COPD, inoperable hiatal hernia, three major back surgeries during the last few years, PRM and more. EVERY attack (several daily for weeks) strangles her breathing. We've done all we can do or know how to do ourselves. We're very busy trying to find HELP as I write this.
Firstly I would like to say that I don't think I have ever left a negative review for anyone in my life. My 'experience' with Dr Sears was terrible in everyway with the exception of some of the staff. In approx. three years he was unable to diagnose nor treat my problems with any effectiveness. Trying to reach him directly was very difficult and when I did see him for a consultation he was often uninterested, ill prepared, and frankly yawning most of the time. Because of where I live I have limited access to other GI doctors and that is the only reason I used him as long as I have but I will return to general practitioner.
23 Years Experience
Uniformed Services University Of The Health Sciences F Edward Hebert School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. Stephen R Sears accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Whole Health Colorado Front Range
- Anthem CO Blue Priority HMO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority PPO
- Anthem CO Bronze Pathway X HMO
- Anthem CO Gold Pathway HMO
- Anthem CO HMO
- Anthem CO Pathway
- Anthem CO Silver Pathway X HMO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
Rocky Mountain Health
- Rocky Mountain Good Health and Vista HMO PPO
- Rocky Mountain Summit Group
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCenters For Gastroenterology, 2555 E 13th St Ste 220, Loveland, CO
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Stephen R Sears in this video.
Dr. Stephen R Sears is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Loveland, CO.