Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Stephen B Self has the following 1 specialty
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
Dr. Stephen B Self has the following 11 expertise
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Cerebrovascular Disorders
- Peripheral Vascular Diseases (Peripheral Artery Disease)
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- Diabetes Complications
- Varicose Veins
- Vascular Malformations
Showing 5 of 10
We found Dr. Self difficult to talk with, he seemed to have little time to talk to the patient or family. The patient's surgery went well, however the healing of the incision has not been successful. The patient, eight weeks later, is now under the care of a wound doctor. We have been told by several professionals and people who have been through this type of by-pass surgery that the care of the incision was not handled properly or as promptly as it should have been. The patient should have been referred to a wound care situation early on. However, it took another physician to order the proper care.
Dr. Self is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
University Of Louisville School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
University Louisville Hospital
Dr. Stephen B Self accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
SIHO Insurance Services
- SIHO Network
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Stephen B Self in this video.
Dr. Stephen B Self is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Louisville, KY.