Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stephen F Signer
Dr. Stephen F Signer, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Diego, CA, with another office in Escondido, CA. His specialties include Geriatric Psychiatry, Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Signer is affiliated with Scripps Memorial Hospital-La Jolla, Palomar Medical Center and Sharp Memorial Hospital. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Stephen F Signer has the following 3 specialties
- Geriatric Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Stephen F Signer has the following 13 expertise
- Personality Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Clinical Depression
Dr. Stephen F Signer is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 29
Self-verified patient of Dr. Stephen F Signer - Posted on September 7th, 2016
Making False Statements
Self-verified patient of Dr. Stephen F Signer - Posted on March 19th, 2013
I was a patient of Dr. Signer's for years and discontinued treatment in '03. Returned last year 2012. Signer repeatedly failed to complete Social Security Disability treatment reports. After I submitted a written request to him to complete the paperwork, he gave excuses for not completing it and after I contacted management he sent me a letter terminating my treatment and lied, stating he was discontinuing my treatment due to me not coming in for my scheduled appointments. This is an unethical doctor that has lost sight of his responsibility to his patients (customers).
Self-verified patient of Dr. Stephen F Signer - Posted on October 24th, 2012
best psychiatrist I have ever been to
Self-verified patient of Dr. Stephen F Signer - Posted on February 24th, 2012
This guy is the best psycho-pharmacologist - really knows medications. I had basically given up on ever getting better. After seeing him twice I was vastly improved and am now able to function at a normal level. I owe him alot. He's not there to hold your hand but gets down to the problem immediately. Highly recommend him. Office staff leaves alot to be desired.
Dr. Signer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Stephen F Signer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
Sharp Health Plan
- Sharp Health Blue Choice
- Sharp Health Gold Value
- Sharp Health Performance
- Sharp Health Premier
Locations & Directions
Dr. Stephen F Signer is similar to the following 4 Doctors near San Diego, CA.