Dr. Stephen D Silberstein Is this you?

2.8

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Stephen D Silberstein?

Best in field

headache expert

Dr. Silberstein has a very big heart in his efforts to improve the quality of life for headache sufferers who are often very disabled. He is an expert in all the various causes of headache and treatment options. Always runs late, but to me expert care is worth waiting for. He has a tendency to interrupt you as you speak, but I think that is because his brain processing speed is so fast that he likes to get to the main issues quickly. He is a fierce advocate for his patients in accessing what he feels they need. The office phone system is not at all designed for customer service but seems to be designed to make access to nurses and physicians more challenging. But the patient population can be very needy and I suspect that they needed a way to set limits. Once you figure it out, you can get messages through, but remember to press # after your message or it will not be saved. My secondary headache disorder (not migraines) was not appropriately managed by a local skilled general neurologist. Sometimes an expert is what you need.

He saw my sister for a long time and finally dismissed her headaches as her imagination. She died at age 41 with aneurysm.

Extremely Disappointed

Originally wanted to see another headache specialist but was given an appointment with Dr. Silberstein as he had an earlier opening. The experience was extremely disappointing to say the least. He was dismissive and disinterested. My wife and I traveled many miles and spent a lot of money in order to get this appointment. He may have asked me one question pertaining to my headache. He seemed annoyed at my questions. His answers were flippant and condescending. In the span of 20 minutes he insulted me, my wife and the headache specialist I have been seeing for almost a year. I left the clinic no better off than when I came in. I will make one last attempt to be seen by the original headache doctor that I had originally intended to see. If this is not possible, I will not be coming back.

A very careful and very caring expert in head pain

Dr. Silberstein is meticulous and does not rush the time spent with patients. He gives each patient what he feels is needed in each visit to gain a proper understanding of the patient's pain status and what actions need to be taken. If that pushes back the day's schedule, so be it. It seems hypocritical to complain about wait times when he is treating his patients in the way that we want to be treated. And it is his knowledge and skill that causes people to drive 150 miles or more (each way) for appointments with him.

Avoid

Requires psychology consult and personality test, cost=$410 that you pay up front (they won't bill to your insurance). Visit takes 5 hours, a waste of a vacation day from work. No new ideas, did not listen to me or answer my questions. This center seems only interested in making money and not in patient care.

The nurse who did the pre screening for the doctor was very good. The doctor was very blase and threw in quick glib answers, 6 minutes. Very dissappointing. I had to wait additional 40 minutes on hold to schedule the appointment.

Who would know?

They, like a few other unwise offices, have gone to an automated system whereby you leave a name/number in their phone maze, and you're told someone will be contacting you right away to schedule your appointment. This was one week ago. I still have not received a call. My guess is they will keep this system until there's a life-ending emergency, and they're sued, which used to seem outlandish.

Dr. Stephen D Silberstein is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.