Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Stephen J Sokaris has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Dr. Stephen J Sokaris has the following 3 expertise
Dr. Stephen J Sokaris has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Stephen J Sokaris is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Dr. Sokaris is, without a doubt, the greatest doctor I have ever seen. Two weeks prior to seeing Dr. Sokaris, I was seen at Ellis Emurgent Care by another doctor. I told the doctor my symptoms and he stated that I probably had MS and sent me on my way with a prescription for a head MRI which was written incorrectly. Due to it being written wrong, I had to go back to Ellis Emurgent Care in Clifton Park to have it corrected. They suggested I be seen by another doctor since my symptoms had gotten worse within the 2 weeks since I had last been there. Thank goodness I was examined again! Dr. Sokaris entered the room and was immediately more thorough. He asked a large number of questions about my symptoms, family medical history, etc. He then completed a full exam and noticed, while checking the sensation in my feet, that my thyroid seemed enlarged. Seven vials of blood, an EKG, and a thyroid ultrasound later and I was diagnosed with Graves Diaease. If Dr. Sokaris hadnt been so thorough, my heart may have given out before I was able to discover what was wrong as it was beating much much too fast 24 hours a day due to the Graves. He put me on medicine for my heart immediately and referred me to an endocrinologist. When the endocrinologist stated they could not see me until mid August, he called numerous doctors until he found one that could see me on Monday. He also called in a prescription to begin treating my Graves immediately, instead of waiting 3 days to see the endocrinologist. Most amazing doctor.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
24 Years Experience
Drexel University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Albany Medical Center
Dr. Stephen J Sokaris accepts the following insurance providers.
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
Locations & DirectionsPegasus Emergency Services, 1300 Massachusetts Ave, Troy, NY
Dr. Stephen J Sokaris is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Troy, NY.