Dr. Stephen Sokaris Is this you?

4.8

Have you seen Dr. Stephen Sokaris?

Answers! Finally!!

Posted on July 29th, 2017

Dr. Sokaris is, without a doubt, the greatest doctor I have ever seen. Two weeks prior to seeing Dr. Sokaris, I was seen at Ellis Emurgent Care by another doctor. I told the doctor my symptoms and he stated that I probably had MS and sent me on my way with a prescription for a head MRI which was written incorrectly. Due to it being written wrong, I had to go back to Ellis Emurgent Care in Clifton Park to have it corrected. They suggested I be seen by another doctor since my symptoms had gotten worse within the 2 weeks since I had last been there. Thank goodness I was examined again! Dr. Sokaris entered the room and was immediately more thorough. He asked a large number of questions about my symptoms, family medical history, etc. He then completed a full exam and noticed, while checking the sensation in my feet, that my thyroid seemed enlarged. Seven vials of blood, an EKG, and a thyroid ultrasound later and I was diagnosed with Graves Diaease. If Dr. Sokaris hadnt been so thorough, my heart may have given out before I was able to discover what was wrong as it was beating much much too fast 24 hours a day due to the Graves. He put me on medicine for my heart immediately and referred me to an endocrinologist. When the endocrinologist stated they could not see me until mid August, he called numerous doctors until he found one that could see me on Monday. He also called in a prescription to begin treating my Graves immediately, instead of waiting 3 days to see the endocrinologist. Most amazing doctor.

Stephen Sokaris

Posted on May 19th, 2014

Stephen Sokaris is a wonderful Emergency room doctor. I would highly recommend him to anyone, He is VERY knowledgeable, and has the best bedside manner

Posted on November 28th, 2017