Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Stephen G Somkuti has the following 2 specialties
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Uterine Cancer (Endometrial Neoplasm)
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Male Infertility
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 34
I have been a patient of Dr Somkuti for many years. He has a such a vast amount of knowledge not only in reproductive gyn issues but also odd endocrine issues . He is a compassionate caring person. I have seen many doctors in big well known hospitals in Philadelphia that did not have the knowledge Dr Somkuti has. These well known doctors treated me like I was crazy because my symptoms were odd. Dr Somkuti always listened and told me I know my body better then anyone else and my symptoms did not sound crazy to him. He was easy to talk to and made me feel very comfortable unlike many other doctors i have seen. He always has a big smile and is very warm and welcoming. He did not rush me out of his office. He went above and beyond explaining everything to me. When no one else would help or listen he did. He found the problems/issues that were making me sick and helped me.. When I called his office for a appointment they got me in right away to see him. Thanks to Dr Somkuti -- I am now able to live life for the first time in many years.
I worked with Dr. Somkuti over two IVF Cycles, and to get his advise on my severe endometriosis. Not only did Dr. Somkuti always gave me the most accurate advise. He is also technically very well versed and seasoned at the various flavors of fertility and Endometriosis. Thanks to his guidance, we went from hopelessness to having a great family.
The minute you step into the office, you are welcomed and treated by everybody in a friendly way. Dr. Somkuti especially made you feel that you are special . Took his time to listen to you, made you comfortable talking about your problems, especially matters that are not easy to talk about. He takes the time to explain everything in great details. He makes sure that you can turn to him anytime (7days/24hours) with any question(s) no matter how simple or maybe silly sounding to you. If he cannot immediately be reached he calls you back ASAP. He makes you understand that he and his office is there to help and support you in anyway needed, 356 days a year.
I couldn't be more grateful for the most amazing Dr. Somkuti and all the other doctors as well insanely helpful staff most friendly!! They have given me and my f ience our little miracle come true! They are always there for me ..always returns my phone calls and answer s all my questions. They are hands down the best and most amazing fertility specialist that I have ever been 2! I have went to 3 others fertility specialist before them and have never been treated so nice by any other fertility specialist before! Hands down the best! I would recommend all my family and friends to this most amazing fertility specialist! Love them all!!!
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
29 Years Experience
University Of North Carolina School Of Dentistry
Graduated in 1989
Duke University Medical Center
Dr. Stephen G Somkuti accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark PPOBlue
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAbington Reproductive Medicine, 1245 Highland Ave Ste 404, Abington, PA
Dr. Stephen G Somkuti is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Abington, PA.