Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stephen A Strickland Jr
Dr. Stephen A Strickland Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Nashville, TN, with another office in Nashville, TN. He has 16 years of experience. His specialties include Hematology, Medical Oncology, Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Strickland is affiliated with Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation. He speaks English.
Dr. Stephen A Strickland Jr has the following 4 specialties
A hematology specialist is an expert in disorders of the blood, the blood forming organs and bone marrow. These doctors diagnose, treat and work to prevent diseases that affect the production of blood and its components, as well as the ability of the blood to perform its many functions, such as coagulation and carrying oxygen to the lungs and tissue.
Hematologists diagnose and treat blood disorders, such as anemia, hemophilia, leukemia, sickle cell anemia, deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism.
Depending on the condition, hematology specialists may treat a patient with a blood transfusion, stem cell transplantation, bone marrow transplant, radiotherapy, anticoagulation therapy or medication.
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hepatitis C
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Blood Cancer
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Strickland is one of the most compassionate professionals I have encountered. He is a top-notch specialist and very easy to talk to. He spends time getting to know his patients personally and makes them feel that genuinely cared for. I would travel across the US to be treated by Dr. Strickland. He is that good! Passionate about what he does; wants the very best for his patients; extremely accessible
Dr. Strickland is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
16 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Stephen A Strickland Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Stephen A Strickland Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Nashville, TN.