Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Stephen S Swenson has 2 locations
1321 13th St N
Saint Cloud, MN 56303
Book Online Now
Dr. Stephen S Swenson has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.<br>He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Addiction Medicine
An addiction medicine specialist is a doctor who treats patients with addictions to substances like drugs and alcohol or, in some cases, behaviors like gambling. Many of these specialists also treat the diseases that stem from these addictions.
These physicians are specially trained to prevent and treat the disease of addiction via psychiatric means, or other fields of medicine like family or internal medicine.
Dr. Stephen S Swenson has the following 6 expertise
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
Showing 4 of 4
Self-verified patient of Dr. Stephen S Swenson - Posted on September 20th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Stephen S Swenson - Posted on September 19th, 2015
My sister has been waiting a month to go to Mayo Clinic.3 months ago we found out she has Cancer right Lung and Kidney left.needs to be checked.She is 1 month. from 72 yrs.old .I had to tell the Dr. She was in pain (Oh your in Pain.) She is on pain meds.Why can't we go.to the U of M..?Dr.said that at first. Why is he not pushing for her Care.
Dr. Swenson was great
Self-verified patient of Dr. Stephen S Swenson - Posted on November 6th, 2011
Self-verified patient of Dr. Stephen S Swenson - Posted on October 8th, 2010
I would not recommend Dr Swenson to anyone. I went to him for substance abuse issues. He is extremely uncaring and would not give me any assurance has to what I was going through (symptoms, what to expectduring my recovery..) I asked him to explain to me the reasons why I was experiencing such bad anxiety, he shrugged his shoulders and told me that I should be hospitalized if I thought my anxiety was so bad. He also never recommended medications to help with my anxiety or sleep problems. Every medication he prescribed I had to research and tell ask him to prescribe it for me. I feel very sorry for anyone who has to deal with him as a doctor. He also seemed to not know very much about the drug I was addicted to.
38 Years Experience
Mayo Medical School
Graduated in 1980
Scott & White Memorial Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Stephen S Swenson is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Saint Cloud, MN.