Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Stephen M Theccanat has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Stephen M Theccanat has the following 14 expertise
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Anxiety Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Bipolar Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Dr. Stephen M Theccanat is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 10
THIS DOCTOR IS UNLIKE ANY OTHER PSYCIATRIST I'VE SEEN. HE'S ATTENTIVE, HE WORKS WITH OTHER PROVIDERS IF NECESSARY. IT IS VERY EASY TO REACH HIM AND HE ALWAYS GETS BACK TO YOU IN A REASONALBE IF NOT MORE THAN REASONABLE TIME. I HAVE SEEN HIM TWO TIMES. MY INTAKE APPOINTMENT WENT WELL, I FELT COMFORTABLE AND HE IS VERY CARING. HE LISTENS AND IS VERY GOOD AT EXPLAINING THINGS TO YOU. I THINK HE IS FANTASTIC. HE IS NOT IN-NETWORK BUT I FEEL HE IS WORTH THE COST TO SEE HIM FOR MY CARE.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsMD FREUD LLC, 15 S Main St, Marlboro, NJ
Dr. Stephen M Theccanat is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Marlboro, NJ.