Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stephen A Treat
Dr. Stephen A Treat, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fort Collins, CO. He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Nuclear Cardiology. Dr. Treat is affiliated with Poudre Valley Hospital. Dr. Treat has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Stephen A Treat has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Nuclear Cardiology
Rooted in general cardiology, nuclear cardiologists specialize in a specific, non-invasive imaging technique that's used to diagnose heart disease, evaluate how well your heart is pumping blood, or determine the size and place of a past heart attack.
They’re able to take pictures and video of your heart during stress tests, and in resting states, that allow them to diagnose patients as well as recommended treatments, medication and additional testing that might be needed. They often work closely with radiologists to assess the damage of a past heart attack or the patient's risk for future heart attacks.
- Heart Attack
- Heart Diseases
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Failure
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol
- Blood Clot
Showing 5 of 11
I believe that Dr Treat is a dinosaur in the field of cardiology. He is not knowledgable about the new treatments available, he is condescending and dismissive. He is likely popular with senior citizens that were taught not to question a physicians opinion. I had my heart condition treated quite efficiently and effectively once I left his care. He calls new technology such as cardiac ablations "smoke and mirrors", simply because he incapable of performing them.
I've met with Dr. Treat three times during the last year in re my coronary artery issue. He is an especially bright person with excellent training. Very confident, totally professional. I ask quite a few questions and can tell that he is a good listener and responds in ways that are clear, concise, and to the point. He's a good motivator as re life style issues and changes that are important to cardiac health. Seems to be a caring physician.
Dr. Treat is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
University Of Vermont College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Stephen A Treat accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority HMO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority PPO
- Anthem CO Bronze Pathway X HMO
- Anthem CO Gold Pathway HMO
- Anthem CO HMO
- Anthem CO Pathway
- Anthem CO Silver Pathway X HMO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Rocky Mountain Health
- Rocky Mountain Good Health and Vista HMO PPO
- Rocky Mountain Summit Group
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUC Health Heart Center Fort Collins, 2121 E Harmony Rd Unit 100, Fort Collins, CO
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Stephen A Treat in this video.
Dr. Stephen A Treat is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fort Collins, CO.