Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Stephen W Orr has the following 1 specialty
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
Showing 5 of 45
Went to the new office. It seemed cold and clinical as opposed to his old office. The staff didn't seem like "family" anymore. Dr. Orr rushed trough our appointment like 99.9% of all doctor's do -- not like he used to be where he took 5 minutes to really visit and find out where his patient really is in life. I feel like I've been switched involuntarily from my old country doctor who REALLy CARES to a city doctor who gives you his required 10 minutes and is on his way to the next patient. I want the old Dr. Orr back, the old family atmosphere where people actually asked, "How's yo mama". I love Dr. Orr and he's been my doctor for years and wouldn't trade him for the world ---- but these new rules or conditions or protocols or whatever are for the birds.
I've seen Dr. Orr now for almost 10 years. He is also my FAA Flight Surgeon and what I appreciate most about Dr. Orr is his willingness to try multiple approaches to solve whatever problem. He's not one to give up on a diagnosis yet he will send you to a specialist if he thinks it's something potentially serious and outside of his standard practice.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
32 Years Experience
Nova Southeastern University
Graduated in 1986
Northlake Regional Medical Center
Dr. Stephen W Orr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsGateway Family Practice, 340 Exchange Blvd, Bethlehem, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Stephen W Orr in this video.
Dr. Stephen W Orr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bethlehem, GA.