Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Stephen M Watson Sr has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 21
I've seen doctor Watson once and will continue to see him as long as I can! The wait was incredibly short, he spent a lot of time with me, listened to all of my concerns and input, then worked with me to come up with a plan that we both agreed on. He was very caring, great with my little boy and it was a wonderful experience. I've had some terrible experiences with doctors lately that made me not want to see another doctor, but doctor Watson changed my mind and made me feel well cared for. He is competent, very well versed in medicine,and very caring. I would recommend him to everyone!
At first, I liked Dr. Watson...the first three visits. I have been having back problems and at first they were all very kind and he prescribed me pain medication for my back until I could get to a pain clinic. When I called today to get a LOWER dosage of the medicine, it was an adamant no from the receptionist. She said they were not a pain clinic and were no longer going to help me. I was in tears because I was in so much pain. She then said, "I'm hanging up now". Now, I am going to have to go spend thousands of dollars at the ER to get some relief. I will, once again, be looking for a new PCP.
24 Years Experience
Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Dr. Stephen M Watson Sr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWatson Primary Care & Gen Orthopedics, 7833 Old Harding Pike, Nashville, TN
Dr. Stephen M Watson Sr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Nashville, TN.