Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stephen G Weber
Dr. Stephen G Weber, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chicago, IL. He has 23 years of experience. His specialties include Infectious Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Weber is affiliated with Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center and Advocate Lutheran General Hospital. Dr. Weber has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Stephen G Weber has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Stephen G Weber has the following 9 expertise
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- Hepatitis C
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Gram-Positive Bacterial Infections
- Staphylococcal Infections (Staph Infection)
Dr. Stephen G Weber has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 4 of 4
Doesn't give a rat's behind about his patients. Waited three months to see him; then, when things were not happening regarding my care, went to medical records and found he has falsified and fabricated my medical record in order not to treat me for a zoonotic disease that would have met with disapproval by the "thought leaders" in his medical society. Better to throw me under the bus although I was barely 100 lbs at 5'6 and could not function. Definitely kiss up/kick down kind of person. Playing medical politics his favorite sport. Would not recommend him to anyone. He does these consults so he can keep his license -- otherwise he is a hospital administrator, not interested in patient. Interested in himself, his advancement, power and influence, and making bigger and bigger bucks,
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Weber is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
New York University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Dr. Stephen G Weber accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
SIHO Insurance Services
- SIHO Network
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Of Chicago Medicine, 5841 S Maryland Ave, Chicago, IL
Dr. Stephen G Weber is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.