Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stephen L Weinrib MD
Dr. Stephen L Weinrib has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Stephen L Weinrib has the following 16 expertise
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Pregnancy Complications
- Gland Issues
- Cushing Disease
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
- Nutrition Disorders
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
Showing 4 of 4
Self-verified patient of Dr. Stephen L Weinrib - Posted on August 2nd, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Stephen L Weinrib - Posted on June 1st, 2016
He made me feel like I was lying to him. Like I didn't eat what I said or exercised like I do. He wouldn't listen when I told him that the only medicine he would prescribe I had tried to take numerous times and it makes me sick. Then charged my insurance 350.00 for a half hour visit where nothing was resolved. I left feeling defeated. I went back to my primary care doctor and she said that I was the 4th patient of hers that was made to feel this way and she would no longer be referring any patients to him. I went to them looking for help and I left even more lost than I was before. Dr's are supposed to be willing to help their patients. Not make them feel like they are less of a person.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Stephen L Weinrib - Posted on November 22nd, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Stephen L Weinrib - Posted on May 27th, 2009
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
26 Years Experience
University Of Alabama School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Beth Israel Medical Center
Dr. Stephen L Weinrib Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMOUNTAIN DIABETES ENDOCRINE CENTER, 1998 Hendersonville Rd Ste 31, Asheville, NC
Dr. Stephen L Weinrib is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Asheville, NC.