Dr. Stephen E Weinroth Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Stephen E Weinroth?

Couldn't Ask for More

In 2015 I had a full knee replacement that failed. The tendon tore away from the knee as i went to leave my house on Thanksgiving on my way to my daughter's. What's worse was the repair became infected. The experience with that infectious disease doctor was a nightmare which in retrospect cost me about 2 years of my life in additional operations. They never were able to diagnose the specific problem. My final operation (the 4th) returned my mobility but after time the knee got infected again. Needless to say I was really despondent. I refused to return to the previous doctor and after researching ID doctors found Dr. Weinroth. What a find! He quickly figured out what was wrong and laid it on the line. We talked for a considerable amount of time, he is very easy to talk with, and came up with a plan that he expected me to do my part and follow. I did and the results have been outstanding. While I will need to suppress the infection for the rest of my life with pills, it no longer affects my ability to do things like climb stairs. The pain is gone. One last point. I've found that a good indicator of a successful relationship with a doctor is the relationship with his or her staff. My previous ID doctor's staff was a disaster. I cringed at having to deal with them. Conversely Dr. Weinroth's staff has been a pleasure to work with. They are both professional and amiable which makes them very helpful during the trying time you are experiencing. I would recommend Dr. Weinroth and his office to anyone who is willing to do their part in managing their health issues. He is your partner in that journey.

Very Bad Doctor

Unfortunately I cant give a "0" star rating to this doctor. I visited him a few times after I got some serious sudden symptoms with my health after a vacation trip. Many of the symptoms seems to match a viral or bacterial infection. My internist could not figure out the cause and referred me to infectious disease specialist to rule out any viral or bacterial infection. I asked him to run several blood tests to eliminate any suspicions I have but he refused to do so and jumped to conclusions that I do not have any virus or bacterial infection. He had a jerky attitude and became aggressive after I told him I did some research on reliable medical sites to try to come up with a diagnosis. In summary, my visits to him were total waste of money and time. I will never see him again and I do not recommend him for anyone.

He Jumped to Conclusions and was easily offended

I happen to have an atypical staph infection that does not have some of the normal infection indicators. At that time, I had the infection for 9 months and already had seen several doctors and had tried several antibiotics. I sent my medical reports to him beforehand. He came into the room and before I even said a word, he said I didn't have an infection and that I read something on the internet and was imagining my symptoms. I said that was not possible given that I was complaining about the same symptoms to other doctors a month before the staph ever showed up in a lab report. He accused me of purposely contaminating my sample that I gave at his office, just because I happen to take a longer time. And what would have been the reason for this--to take strong antibiotics when I didn't need to? How absurd! When I tried to show him information on the staph from expert sources, he refused to acknowledge the information and what he said was wrong according to staph experts. Instead of considering the information, he immediately got offended because he has an enormous ego, and lashed out at me to see a psychiatrist. BTW - this staph infection had shown up in numerous samples and everything else had been ruled out. So, the evidence was on my side. He also did not order the right test which would have shown infection. Subsequent tests showed that it is this staph. Thus, he did not treat me with the recommended antibiotic which would require an IV. It's amazing to me that such an experienced doctor could be so wrong. He basically jumped to conclusions and it was more important for him to be "right," than to listen to the patient and find out the truth.

POOR PRACTICE

Long wait. Staff had an attitude. Weinroth didn't run a culture or offer a biopsy, just said I had an allergic reaction. Saw another doctor who determined the cause of my symptoms and it was NOT an allergy and could have been diagnosed by a biopsy.

Best Doctor I Have Ever Had

Dr. Weinroth is nothing short of amazing.He spends all the time with you that you need to get any questions answered or concerns addressed. He and his staff are friendly and welcoming.He was able to diagnose my Lyme disease almost immediately, when the ER staff at the hospital had no idea what was wrong with me. With his fast intervention, and subsequent treatment, I was able to recover completely, with none of the nasty issues that Lyme can cause.In the past, he was able to diagnose an issue with my former partner, who was in a hospital in Philly over the phone, when again, the Dr's and hospital staff there were unable to. This surely saved this persons life, as he was diagnosed with a rare but extremely serious case of food poisoning. Had it not been diagnosed by Dr. Weinroth, this person may not have survived.I would highly recommend him to anyone seeking the services of a well qualified internist and/or infectious diease specialist.He is truely the Best in the DC area !

Ms.

Dr. Weinroth was very understanding and calmed my anxieties. He had a warm touch and an open ear. He is very experienced and is very sure of himself.