Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Stephen Y Lee has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Stephen Y Lee has the following 11 expertise
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
Showing 5 of 10
Wow.. Doctor lee, although he seems to be a very nice man, is not flexible at all. I often felt like he was not listening to me and later on ended up with problems when it came to the induction of my baby. At only 37 weeks I was TOLD, not asked if i wanted to induce,although there was NO Problems of my baby being in distress. Obviously it was clearly a preference in which this doctor chooses to run his practice. At 38 weeks, the doctor continued to encourage to induce me, soley on the basis of pregancy fatigue (Im suposse to be tired doc... Im pregnant!). My husband disagreed as soon as he was detracted by the health board poster that hung above me and read " it is better to have your baby at 39 weeks or more..." Clearly, the doctor had a schedule or routine of his own. The doctor also said I was dialated at 2 cm, and that I was "ready" , which of course, after a quick check up at the hospital, I found out I was not in fact dialted as far as he had informed me. How convienient for him. When I returned back to the doctor and sat with him to discuss our plans for labor.. he didnt even care to listen to us but rather turned us away once we told him we wished to have a natural birth and no C section if one didnt need to be done. He said he would only wait 2-3 hours for baby to come with out pitocin and then he would give a c section. That sounds crazy to me... why all the talk of induction and c section if my baby is perfectly healthy. I have many friends in the East LA area that have had thier children delievered by this doctor.... Although some may favor him, no one has disagreed with the opinion that this doctor indeed likes to induce woman when not really needed, and it results in a C-section. I thank the lord this doctor turned me away... it is pure terror to have a doctor deliever your child when you can not trust him.
I have recently switched to Dr.Lee after having alot of problems with another doctor. He was very surprised that the old doctor hadnt been measuring my baby's size and proceeded to do so immediately. He found that she is almost 9 pounds at 37 weeks and ordered some bloodwork, through that bloodwork he found that the reason for my contractions was an infection. Unfortunately the contractions werent enough to cause me to efface at all. Because of my lack of effacement i am scheduled for a c-section at week 38 to make sure my daughter doesnt get any more enormous. I am truly grateful that he has been cheerfully more than willing to clean up after an incompetant doctor's mess.
St John Hospital And Medical Center
Dr. Stephen Y Lee accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsStephen Yong-Su Lee Md, 101 E Beverly Blvd Ste 300, Montebello, CA
Dr. Stephen Y Lee is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Montebello, CA.