1 Rating • 1 Comment

Have you seen Dr. Stephen A Young?

He does not want you to talk

Dr. Young is a legend in his own mind. He ask questions and then does not listen to what you say. He is always right, just ask him. A problem that I was having and was proven by other doctor's he just ignored. Then after 3 years with him he diagnosed me with narcissism. This because I stated my opinion. I would have stopped seeing him after the first few visits but the program I was in used him. Stay away at all costs.

Doctor's Response

It's difficult to respond to this comment - as I'm not sure who the patient is or when I saw them. For the last three years I have been working for the US State Department - and (unfortunately) have not been able to follow patients for long term treatment due to moving overseas and covering a region. So I'm guessing this is a patient I may have seen in the past. Three years is a long period of treatment, so I suspect some good may have come of our interactions - and am sorry that you came away so unsatisfied. All I can say is that I try very hard to provide the best care possible - but I also believe a psychiatrist has an obligation to tell his or her patients the truth - even if that truth is sometimes painful to hear. I genuinely hope you were able to find someone to work with who you found helpful....and I'm sorry they found me non-empathic and a poor listener.

Adult ADHD

Dr. Stephen A Young is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Washington, DC.

Dr. Stephen A Young Is this you?