Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sterling M Nakamura has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Sterling M Nakamura has the following 14 expertise
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorders (PTSD)
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Anxiety Disorders
- Mental Illness
Dr. Sterling M Nakamura has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Sterling M Nakamura is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
I've been seeing Dr. Nakamura for over four years now and have found him to be superior to any psychiatrist I have seen in the past. One of my main issues is insomnia, and Dr. Nakamura has used his genius to turn a guy who was getting two, maybe three hours of sleep a night, to a guy who can rest assured that he'll get at least eight hours of REM sleep per night. Dr. Nakamura knows the psychopharmaceutical field like the back of his hand and he is always cordial, on time, efficient and most importantly of all; caring. He cares about his patients more than just about any doctor I've come across in my life. Dr. Nakamura is an A+ doctor who turned my life around, and for that I will be forever indebted. Also, his protege "Judson," is excellent; very friendly and remarkably knowledgeable.
I have been seeing a psychiatrist for the last 4 years due to anxiety and sleep issues. Dr. Nakamura worked with me to change my meds and I have been doing much better. He is caring and knowledgeable and worked with me to change my meds so that I have less side effects. Sleep and anxiety are much better.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
16 Years Experience
Washington University In St Louis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Sterling M Nakamura accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Locations & DirectionsKaren Beth Perls Pa, 2500 Hospital Dr, Mountain View, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Sterling M Nakamura in this video.
Dr. Sterling M Nakamura is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mountain View, CA.