Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Steve I Chang has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Steve I Chang has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Steve I Chang has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 12
Dr. Chang was recommended by a friend, but I am not going back after my second visit. Looking back, it's pretty obvious why I can get in whenever I want, and there's never anyone else in the waiting room. He's non-communicative and impersonal. I guess that's ok if you are someone who likes to stick their head in the sand and not know what's going on with you, but if you want to be healthy, it's not how you want to be treated. During my new patient visit, he marked me down as having "fatigue and malaise" which I never mentioned. This caused me to be charged for having an "illness checkup", and they refused to adjust it when I asked about it. Second time I visited with severe migraine symptoms. He didn't ask any questions about my head, and didn't say ANYTHING other than I'm giving you high blood pressure medicine because you have a high BP reading. He gave me an order for blood tests and sent me on my way. Didn't diagnose the migraines at all. I immediately went to a different doctor and will not be going back to Dr. Chang.
I'm sorry you don't feel that you received adequate service. My staff is more than willing to help with billing issues if/when they would arise. I'm also sorry you don't feel as though your headache was addressed. I assure you that when you were seen your BP must have been was very high which would cause headaches and why you were given medication to lower it. If there were more concerns they were not brought to my attention, which they should've been so they could be addressed.
Was indifferent to my elderly relative. Barely looked at her during the visit. Instructed her to draw a clock with the hour and minute hand in a certain position even though he knew she was blind (as a test for dementia). She couldn't complete the task and was very flustered. It broke my heart to watch her attempt to do this with her head on the table trying to see the paper. 3 weeks later he has yet to order the generic form of a med denied by insurance. He also ordered a refill of a med that requires a blood draw to determine if the dosage is correct. He said that it could be done at the facility where she resides, but then he never ordered it. I have never experienced such poor follow-up. I have already found another MD.
Dr. Chang is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
New York University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Graduate Hospital Tenet Health
Dr. Steve I Chang accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem WI Blue Priority X Indiv DirectAccess
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- WPS Group
Locations & DirectionsInternists Ltd, 12555 W National Ave Ste 200, New Berlin, WI
Dr. Steve I Chang is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Berlin, WI.