Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Steve Y Chen has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Surgery
A pediatric surgeon is a qualified surgeon who has additional training in performing surgery on young patients, including fetuses (neonatal or fetal surgery), infants, children, adolescents and teenagers.
Because pediatric patients are still growing and developing, they are often more difficult to operate on than adults. These patients have smaller bodies and smaller organs requiring even more of a precise and measured approach by a surgeon.
Some of the conditions that may require the care of a pediatric surgeon are congenital malformations, such as cleft lip and palate, abdominal wall defects, like hernias, deformities of the chest wall, childhood tumors, like neuroblastomas and separation of conjoined twins.
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Thoracic/Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
Showing 5 of 22
I am not form Los Angeles and I came to Beverly Hills just to see Dr. Steve Chen, he is amazing and in one word an angel , he took great care with my 6 years daugther surgery after discover on her a Pulmonary Secuestration, after check many Doctors in many countries (Spain, Canada, Cuba, USA, and Argentina) he is the best and also he did the thoracoscopic surgery because the convensional surgery it is too invasive in many ways, his thecnic and care was the best and I have no words to express my deep greatful.
I would recommend Dr. Chen to anyone in need of a pediatrician. We went to several surgeons for prenatal consultation and decided on having our soon to be born son to be taken care of by Dr. Chen. He spent the most time with us during the consult, was very friendly, explained the diagnosis clearly, and we never felt pressured. He made me and my husband feel at ease though we were very scared about having a baby that would need surgery soon after being born. He was available for questions throughout the pregnancy. Dr. Chen was at the delivery. And a few days later, the surgery was done and successful. No complications. We have been very happy with Dr. Steve Chen.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2012, 2011, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2013, 2011, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - State (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
27 Years Experience
Keck School Of Medicine Of The University Of Southern California
Graduated in 1991
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Steve Y Chen accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsKhalili Center Bariatric Care, 9033 Wilshire Blvd Ste 200, Beverly Hills, CA
Dr. Steve Y Chen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Beverly Hills, CA.