Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Steve L Gaudin has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Steve L Gaudin has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Steve L Gaudin is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
Dr.Gaudin always takes his time and his diagnoses are always accurate. I was very blessed he was on call when my lung collasped. He was in every morning at my bedside. He makes all arraignments for test, and hospital emergencies. He diagnosed and treated my shingles.Most of all he explaines what's going on where you can understand.
Dr Gaudin is a general practitioner. Most of the time he is the right doctor to see. If he feels you need to see a specialist, he insists that you see that doctor, and has his nurse make the appointment, and if you need to see that doctor right away, he sees to it that it happens. Therefore, as a family we trust Dr. Gaudin with our medical decisions.
My husband was sick but able to get an appointment the same day as an existing patient. I am a cancer, stage IV patient & Dr. Gaudin is sending me for tests & to see another doctor to make sure I don't have anything else going on with my heart or elsewhere.
Dr. Gaudin has seen just about all of my family members at one time or another; however, he has seen my husband, my daughter, and I for over 10 years now. I can always get appointsment when needed and he and his staff are very friendly and concerned about the patients they see. I think he is an excellent Dr.
29 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1989
University Of Mississippi School Of Medicine
Dr. Steve L Gaudin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsAllens Family Practice, 105 E Oak St, Ponchatoula, LA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Steve L Gaudin in this video.
Dr. Steve L Gaudin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ponchatoula, LA.