Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Steve A Petersen has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery
- Shoulder Dislocation
- Shoulder Fractures
- Rotator Cuff Problem (Shoulder Impingement Syndrome)
- Joint Surgery (Joint Prosthesis Implantation Arthroplasty)
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Shoulder Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 40
Dr. Petersen replaced my left shoulder in 2007, about nine years ago, due to osteoarthritis. The result has been "text book perfect" in every way. I now am in the early stages of needing my right shoulder replaced. I would not even consider going to anyone else. I count myself fortunate that Dr. Petersen practices in my geographic region.
Dr. Petersen easily blows other orthopedic specialists out of the water. His level of experience and depth of knowledge is phenomenal. I went to him 7 years ago and with just one visit and the follow up exercises he prescribed, my right shoulder was pain free in 30 days. No problems since 2009. I went to see him again today (right shoulder again) and he is still the thoughtful, patient and generous with his time Super Doc I remembered. I have all the faith in the world that he will help relieve my pain again.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
37 Years Experience
Rush Medical College Of Rush University Medical Center
Graduated in 1981
Dr. Steve A Petersen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMedstar Good Samaritan Hospital, 5601 Loch Raven Blvd, Baltimore, MD
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Steve A Petersen in this video.
Dr. Steve A Petersen is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Baltimore, MD.