Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Steve B Skarky has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Steve B Skarky has the following 12 expertise
- Personality Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
Showing 3 of 3
Just had my first appointment with Dr. Skarky. After having a few good Drs. move, retire, mis-diagnose, etc. I was reluctant to be to hopeful. My visit with him was absolutely awesome! He was professional but not unapproachable, very friendly, knowledgable and overall a very well rounded Dr. I have a renewed faith in our mental health care system and a hope for the future! Thank you Dr. Skarky!
I met Dr. Skarky by seeking out some highly rated Dr. who didn't have enough time for me. Dr. Skarky took my appointment and low and behold, he actually listened to me and let me unload. With out a bunch of mumbo-jumbo I've experienced in the past. No "God Complex," no nose in the legal pad bit, just a decent human being, genuine and commited to you. I will never use anyone else. period.
15 Years Experience
University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Steve B Skarky is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oklahoma City, OK.