Diabetic Macular Edema
Get the facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types and the doctors and specialists who treat it.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Steven A Gross
Dr. Steven A Gross, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Tampa, FL, with another office in Palm Harbor, FL. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology and Ophthalmology. Dr. Gross is affiliated with Tampa General Hospital, St Joseph's Children's Hospital of Tampa and University Community Hospital Inc. He speaks English.
Dr. Steven A Gross has the following 2 specialties
- Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
- Vision Issues
- Eye Pain
- Eye Exam
- Plastic Surgery (Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery)
- Macular Degeneration
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Lasik Surgery
- Lazy Eye (Strabismus)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 44
Dr. Gross preformed muscle surgery on my right eye. Now I have 20-20 and I no longer need glasses. I looked all over to find a doctor who could help me and he was the first doctor to understand and know what to do, ever, in my life. Most eye doctors aren't even aware of this corrective surgery. 10 stars! Highest rating! Thank you Dr. Gross!!!
Dr. Gross is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Baylor College Of Medicine
Dr. Steven A Gross accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Steven A Gross in this video.
Dr. Steven A Gross is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Tampa, FL.