Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Steven A King has the following 3 specialties
- Forensic Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 28
One staff member in the Boardman office is very abrupt and rude. She acts like you are bothering her. Heaven forbid if you have a $10 balance. I tried to get a prescription refilled on a Thursday, told them I was out, it did not get called in to the pharmacy until Monday. Beware if you have to call back and ask about the prescription again and get a certain staff member who should not be working with the public. Dr. King actually fell asleep during my visit to him. Worst place I have ever been to.
Dr. King is extremely knowledgeable in his field. He is kind and concerned. His bedside manner is wonderful. I have had to call him after hours a few times & he called me back immediately. I love Judy at the Howland office. She is great at her job & always tries to fit me in. I would not be comfortable with any other psychiatrist. Dr. King is TOPS!
I am an individual without medical insurance, recommended to Dr King by my family physician.I was a self pay first time visit to see the doctor. Upon arrival, was charged $175.00 acessment fee. Preliminarily, I was interviewed (accessed) ,returned to schedule the follow up Appointment with Dr. King, and told, he see's no one who is uninsured. I paid presuming i was to receive services, left with nothing Having paid for his services. A promised follow up call to me, never came.
36 Years Experience
Rush Medical College Of Rush University Medical Center
Graduated in 1982
Metrohealth Medical Center
Dr. Steven A King accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Aultcare HMO
- Aultcare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- SummaCare Select Fully Insured
The Health Plan of Upper OH
- Health Plan of Upper Ohio PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCenter For Behavioral Health, 725 Boardman Canfield Rd Ste D, Youngstown, OH
Dr. Steven A King is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Youngstown, OH.