Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Steven A Smith
Dr. Steven A Smith, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Jamestown, CA, with another office in Davis, CA. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Smith is affiliated with Woodland Memorial Hospital and Sutter Davis Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Steven A Smith has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Steven A Smith has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Dr. Steven A Smith has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Steven A Smith is Board Certified in 1 specialty
Showing 2 of 2
Everybody is good for something. Perhaps I could send my sworn enemies to this doctor because his lack of concern for his patients would take care of them once and for all. Ask him about his patient Andrew Partlow. It is sad to see a person that only had skin cancer get slow-played until he became terminal due to not receiving adequate medical care. An engine search would probably yield some interesting truths when his malpractice lawsuits paint a picture.
Dr. Smith is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
Eastern Virginia Medical School
Graduated in 1983
Mercy Medical Center
Dr. Steven A Smith accepts the following insurance providers.
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Steven A Smith is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jamestown, CA.