Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stephen Abelowitz
Dr. Stephen Abelowitz, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Newport Beach, CA, with another office in Laguna Niguel, CA. He has 24 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Abelowitz is affiliated with Huntington Hospital, Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center and Northridge Hospital Medical Center. Dr. Abelowitz has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Stephen Abelowitz has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Stephen Abelowitz has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Showing 5 of 41
Dr. Abelowitz is an extremely knowledgeable and caring doctor. I have two year old twins, and thanks to Dr. Abelowitz, he diagnosed my son with mild Cerebral Palsy at 6 weeks old. This allowed us to do early intervention therapies and he is currently showing very little signs of CP. I am so grateful to him for knowing that something was not right;had we waited and not diagnosed it and not had therapies, my little man would not be where he is today. Dr. Abelowitz definitely cares and is a top notch doctor. We recently had our two year well checkup, and I was able to tell him that my son had been released from physical therapy and I could see he was genuinely happy and thankful for my son. Bottom line, he is an amazing doctor as well as the other doctors that work in the practice. I have never had an issue getting an appointment. Plus, they areopen on the weekends! Another plus given that kids always tend to get sick on the weekend!
We are new in town and a dear friend recommended this Dr. to us for our 3 children. We couldn't be happier, he spent time with us explaining all the changes my son will go through now that he's 13 and he was very thorough with all the checkups, explanations and giving us referrals for other Dr.s in the area (dentist, ophthalmologists, etc.). Very happy to be here!
We have three children and Dr. Abelowitz has cared for all of them. He has excellent knowledge of any issue we've had with our children, whether it be a serious issue, or a more mild issue, and he really cares. He's been on the phone with us multiple times on a Sunday when one of our children had severe stomach flu just to make sure she wasn't dehydrated, trying to keep us out of CHOC. We have also seen other Dr.'s in his practice that are good, but I wanted to add that he runs the most on time of any of the other Dr.'s we've seen.
On-Time Doctor Award (2017)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Abelowitz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
The Hebrew University Of Jerusalem
Graduated in 1994
Uc Irvine Medical Center
Dr. Stephen Abelowitz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Stephen Abelowitz in this video.
Dr. Stephen Abelowitz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newport Beach, CA.