Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Steven L Abrams has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
Showing 5 of 24
Dr. Abrams is a very caring, nurturing person who does his best to do whatever he can to make people well. I have been with him for some time now and he has helped me immensely. I have learned how to spot sociopaths so I don't marry one again! I have learned who my real friends are and who is just pretending. I have a lot of "blindspots" that Dr. Abrams has alerted me to and has helped me to correct so I don't make the same mistakes again! Dr. Abrams has been able to "talk me down" several times when I was going to commit suicide. He is a great doctor and really goes above and beyond even for the most difficult patients that all other doctors have dropped because of their behavior.
There are some people that are so severely mentally ill that they take it out on the doctor who is trying to treat them. Such is the case with the person who rated Dr. Abrams one star. Dr. Abrams goes out of his way to treat his patients with the utmost care - like me. He is always very supportive even to patients that take out their problems on him, won't leave when their time is up so the rest of us get bumped, and generally are very selfish, uncaring individuals who are just "takers" . I had the unfortunate experiences of coming in as these people were (finally) leaving - screaming at the top of their lungs! You just can't help some people I guess.
This evil man ruined my life. He over prescribed medications and he put me on extremely high dosages of medications. After seeing two other doctors, I found out about what he had done to me. I have sever nerve problems because of his over dosing. I wasted 8 years, my health and livelihood because of this evil and stupid doctor.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2010, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2016, 2015, 2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
54 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1964
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Locations & DirectionsSteven Leonard Abrams Md, 4419 Van Nuys Blvd Ste 310, Sherman Oaks, CA
Dr. Steven L Abrams is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sherman Oaks, CA.