Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Steven H Applebaum
Dr. Steven H Applebaum, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Pasadena, CA. He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Applebaum is affiliated with Huntington Hospital. Dr. Applebaum has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Steven H Applebaum has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hepatitis C
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
Showing 5 of 18
Tends to be rote -- though is knowledgeable, doesn't demonstrate commitment to health and seems to be coasting a bit. The staff is nice, but they are so disorganized and appear not to communicate. I was called to remind of treatments -- but the treatments had ended and the staff didn't even know that; other examples were appointments that were mixed up. Really made a mistake choosing this staff.
I've been a patient for 11 years. This doctor is one of the very best oncologists. I travel 90 miles round trip to see him. Time and distance does not matter when it comes to my health. When going thru chemo you want the best...well Dr Applebaum has so many little tricks up his sleeve to help you feel better. He truly cares about his patients and their family members. Whenever I or my wife have called, he promptly returns our call. He spends time answering questions and gives you all the information you need to make wise choices. I have complete trust and confidence in him.
Dr. Applebaum is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
Keck School Of Medicine Of The University Of Southern California
Graduated in 1990
Los Angeles County-Harbor-Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Steven H Applebaum accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUcla Health Care Of Pasadena, 625 S Fair Oaks Ave Ste 320, Pasadena, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Steven H Applebaum in this video.
Dr. Steven H Applebaum is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pasadena, CA.