Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Steven D Atwood has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Steven D Atwood has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Steven D Atwood is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
Doctor Atwood is the only Doctor I've visited in 38 years that I would without a doubt recommend to a friend. He is not only courteous and knowledgeable but he seems genuinely interested in me on a personal level and has a way of making me comfortable that I have rarely experienced with other physicians. I am usually fully aware through research of my conditions and treatments available when I visit him and his knowledge about various topics always impresses me but even more impressive is his obvious genuine concern about me on a personal level. I never feel like patient number xxxx.
My first visits with Dr. Atwood I tried to tell him I suspected I had been exposed to toxic mold. He automatically downgraded my suspicions. I found mold in my ducked work and had it all replaced. My symptoms would return when I came in contact with small amounts of dust or a freshly painted room. Being in the construction field I despritly needed help to be able to return to work. Dr. Atwood bombarded me with prescription drugs to no avail. After two years of his treatment Dr. Atwood told me "go back to work, no pain no gain" Ends up I needed a toxciologist witch Dr. Atwood never once mentioned. On the subject of no pain no gain I onced worked nineteen and a half hours strait through to get a job done for my clients opening day. I bet I made less that day than Mr. Atwood makes in an hour.
Patients' Choice Award (2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
40 Years Experience
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
University Of Washington Medical Center
Dr. Steven D Atwood accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSteven Dale Atwood Md, 3525 S National Ave Ste 206, Springfield, MO
Dr. Steven D Atwood is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Springfield, MO.