Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Steven B Gelfand
Steven B Gelfand is a Doctor primarily located in Indiana, PA. They speak English.
Showing 5 of 23
Dr. G is by far the best neurologist I have seen! I was seeing a Dr. through UPMC and he had me on 5 different medications all of which had their own side effects. With one visit with Dr. G, he dropped me down to 1 medication. He tries his best to get to the bottom of your problems. He is very straight forward and doesn't beat around the bush, which is what I personally like. Others find that to be unacceptable and that he is abrasive..to each their own. I like knowing the facts. He always takes the time to ask about our family. Sometimes there is a long wait to get into see him, but that's bc he takes his time with each patient.
I am so thankful to have found doctor Gelfand. I see him for medication assisted recovery, and he has been the one and only doctor to have gotten and kept me clean and sober... and I had been to multiple rehabs and doctors prior to seeing him. My first appointment with him was slightly rough - he gave me a blunt talking to and reminded me of what I was - which was a useless drug addict with no future unless I decided to change myself... and warned me that he does not give "chances", and I most certainly believed him! The next appointment and all of those following were a completely different story, As he saw my clean urine screens and gained trust with me, we built a fantastic doctor-patient relationship. He is always polite and interested in how my life is going. I will say that he is very forward and will not hold back anything that he wants to say to you, but that helped me to realize that he has obviously dealt with enough addicts to know how to get into their head and make them realize that this is a one time chance to change your life. I would recommend him to anybody who wants to better themselves and do something with their lives. Thank you so much Dr.Gelfand for giving me a second chance at living!
I have gone to Dr. G's office for a number of years, and he and his staff and employees are much more that a phychiatric office. He is a caring person that once you get into his office, you will get just as much time as is necessary, and as much time as each and every other person. Yes, he is busy; that is because he is so well respected in the community. When I have had a problem, I did not leave - I addressed it, either with the Office Manager - or if necessary with him directly (and that is nothing the staff looks forward to). So, he does try, periodically to stay on time, but, he also makes sure, as I said to give each of us all the time we need. Nuff' said?
really rude, and uncaring towards patients and caregivers. He is extreamly intimadating and makes his patients very uneasy and afraid to ask questions. he is to be the best, but what about that oath he took, be kind to the people who need you for that is why you are here. help the unfortunate and put yourself in their shoes and i think he would have a differant attitude,
Steven B Gelfand accepts the following insurance providers.
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Locations & Directions850 Hospital Rd, Indiana, PA
Take a minute to learn about Steven B Gelfand in Indiana, PA, in this video.
Steven B Gelfand is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Indiana, PA.