Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please contact us if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts about rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including juvenile arthritis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Steven Holsten MD
Dr. Steven Holsten, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Springfield, MA, with another office in Palmer, MA. He has 46 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. Holsten is affiliated with Baystate Medical Center, Wing Memorial Hospital & Medical Centers and Mercy Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Steven Holsten has 2 locations
Dr. Steven Holsten has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
Dr. Steven Holsten has the following 5 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Dr. Steven Holsten is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
he should retire.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Steven Holsten - Posted on December 16th, 2013
Self-verified patient of Dr. Steven Holsten - Posted on April 18th, 2012
Dr. Holsten has been my surgeon for the past several years. He is kind considerate of my feelings, and very clear in explainng my concerns. He has done carpal tunnel surg. on my right hand, and both total knee replacements, and I recommend him highly. All of his instructions were clear, and I knew what to expect before and after all of surgeries. Thank you Dr. Holsten for being there for me.
Dr. Holsten is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Baystate Medical Center
Wing Memorial Hospital & Medical Centers
Mercy Medical Center
Baystate Franklin Medical Center
46 Years Experience
Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1967
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Steven Holsten, MD - Orthopedic Surgery in Springfield, MA, in this video.
Dr. Steven Holsten is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Springfield, MA.