Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Steven D Bines has the following 1 specialty
- Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy
- Varicose Veins
- Breast Cancer
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
Showing 5 of 16
Excellent Dr. with a bedside manner I've never experienced with a Doctor. The level of patience and concern that Dr. Bines showed me left me impressed and and ease with him. I can tell that he has a positive influence on his staff and those study under him. I've never had a Doctor call me after a procedure just to check up on me. Dr. Steven Bines reminds me of a Scripture in the Bible that refers to Gifts in Men. He is truly a gift to the medical field and I can only hope to encounter more Doctors like him.
I was diagnosed with melanoma almost one year ago. Terrifying for a single mother to face such a diagnosis. I was in his office less then 48 hours after being diagnosed. He was very friendly and thorough in explaining surgery and testing. He also gave me his cell phone number in case my children wanted to ask him questions. What doctor does that? He is very caring and has great bedside manner! I follow up with him every three months driving over 60 miles. The drive is well worth it!! Most other doctors would have handed me back to the dermatologist for follow up after surgery. Its comforting to know that you are more then just a patient to your doctor. I cant say enough about Dr. Bines and his wonderful staff!!
I had the pleasure to meet doctor Bines based on a referral. I had a lowerback fatty tumor which was increasing in size. Doctor Bines recomended it to be removed. I went along with his plan of attack. When I went back for the procedure he remembered me and my husband as if we knew one another for years. His sincerity, kindness, and perfection was incredible. I have never met a doctor who looks at you and treats you like family. I now have problems in all my girlie parts. I have fibroids and they are not the typical ones. Other problems as well. My point is that I trust Dr.Bines with life I really wished he did it all! If so I would never see another doctor! Love Him! Thank you for my experience Dr. Bines you are one in a million!
Very professional doctor. Gives very thorough medical exams. I had tried 4 doctors locally and still come from far away to see him because I go home with the feeling that I received a very detailed exam. He calls with lab results. Staff is professional and responsive. I had a surgery by Dr. Bines and it healed wonderfully, hard to see a scar. I would highly recommend this doctor to both kids and adults.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2015, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Bines is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
Rush Medical College Of Rush University Medical Center
Graduated in 1978
Rush University Medical Center
Dr. Steven D Bines accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRush University Surgeons, 1725 W Harrison St Ste 810, Chicago, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Steven D Bines in this video.
Dr. Steven D Bines is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Chicago, IL.