- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Facts Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Steven L Blumer MD
Dr. Steven L Blumer, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Wilmington, DE, with other offices in Jacksonville, FL and Woodbury, NJ . He has 15 years of experience. His specialties include Diagnostic Radiology and Pediatric Radiology. He speaks English.
Dr. Steven L Blumer has 3 locations
1600 Rockland Rd
Wilmington, DE 19803
807 Childrens Way
Jacksonville, FL 32207
Dr. Steven L Blumer has the following 2 specialties
- Diagnostic Radiology
Radiologists help doctors get a closer look at what’s happening inside your body. If your primary care doctor wants to investigate your symptoms further, they may refer you to a radiologist to get an ultrasound or x-ray. Some radiologists specialize in mammography and breast imaging, which is who you see when you need a mammogram. A Radiologist can also determine if bones are broken or fractured after any kind of accident.
Radiologists are trained to perform MRIs and CT scans, both of which are used to determine the presence of diseases or disorders and help your doctor properly diagnose you. They can detect anything from tumors, bleeding and infections to bone and muscle disorders.
- Pediatric Radiology
Pediatric radiologists specialize in using x-rays, MRIs, CT scans and ultrasounds to help provide the most accurate diagnosis to your child as possible. After they receive the image results, they work with your family physician or other specialist to give him or her a closer look at broken bones from an accident or recognize tumors, bleeding and infections that might be causing certain symptoms.
They focus on children as young as newborns and as old as teenagers and they have to be well-versed in the growth and development of children's bodies. This allows them to properly identify abnormalities at various ages and to work with your doctor on recommending the best treatment options.
Dr. Steven L Blumer has the following 5 expertise
- CT Scan
- PET Scan
15 Years Experience
The School Of Medicine At Stony Brook University Medical Center
Graduated in 2004
Dr. Steven L Blumer Accepts the Following Insurance
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- QualCare HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Steven L Blumer
Dr. Blum is a licensed physician in the state of New York and is a board-eligible orthopaedic surgeon. He obtained his bachelor of arts degree at Yeshiva College of Yeshiva University where he was valedictorian of his graduating class. He subsequently obtained his medical degree at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. Dr. Blum completed residency training in orthopaedic surgery at Montefiore. In order to gain additional subspecialty training in the field of adult hip and knee reconstruction, Dr. Blum completed a fellowship at the Hospital for Special Surgery where he trained with Dr. Chitranjan S. Ranawat, a world-renowned innovator in the area of hip replacements and knee replacements. Dr. Blum has written several publications and has given several presentations at national meetings.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Steven L Blumer is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Wilmington, DE.