Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Steven S Boniol has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Hepatitis C
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Blood Cancer
- Bone Marrow Transplant
Showing 5 of 17
From the first time I met with Dr. Boniol, I knew I was blessed to have him in charge of treating my triple negative breast cancer. He was attentive to my needs, never sugar coating anything, reassuring, positive, knowledgeable and in general everything you would want in an Oncologist. His staff is wonderful. Caring, friendly, efficient- they get the job done and well. I have spent some of the darkest days of my life with these people and they were nothing but supportive, treating me as a person and not just treating the disease. I thank God everyday for Dr. Boniol and his staff. The care I received I consider to be world class and if you are unfortunate enough to need an Oncologist... you can't get much better than Dr. Boniol. I will never forget the last thing Dr. Boniol said to me as I walked out of the exam room to get my last chemo treatment. "I'll be here with you for the rest of your life,We are going to grow old together." As a young cancer patient... that was just about as sweet as it comes.
17 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Steven S Boniol accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsChristus Cancer Treatment Cente Bossier, 2539 Viking Dr, Bossier City, LA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Steven S Boniol in this video.
Dr. Steven S Boniol is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bossier City, LA.