Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Steven J Bowley has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
I've been seeing Dr. Bowley for 17 years and recommend him to everyone I know looking for a new PCP. The Banner Health staff that run the office are definitely in need of massive amounts of training or possibly replacement by people that actually pay attention and perform the duties and responsibilities that go along with their positions, but that is neither here nor there. Both Dr. Bowley and Angie have a fantastically dry wit and make going to the doctor a more pleasant and entertaining experience. I also really appreciate how direct he is with diagnoses and treatment plans.
Dr. Bowley spends very little time time asking my caretaker any questions. I have a very rare genitourinary diesiese requiring help from neibor. My speach & steadiness on my feet is very limited. Dr.only performs what insurance tells him to. And doesn't address any concerns of mine.Never asks is there Anything else he can do? Very dissatisfied and am looking for different primary care Dr.
This was the first time I went to see Dr. Bowley. I had a couple of different problems to talk to him about. When he came in the office he didn't even want to know anything about me, again this was my first visit. He told me that he didn't have the time to talk about what I needed to talk to him about and I had to pick just the most important one because that is all the time he had. I also needed a referral and he told me I had to come back for that because he didn't look at the problem to just give me a referral. I just needed one for my cataract for my eye doctor. I told his nurse he wasn't an eye doctor an why did I have to come back just for the referral. it seems like he just wanted to charge my insurance for more money. I never had a problem with EVER getting a referral from any doctor I have ever been to. He is the reason why insurance costs are so high, doctors trying to get a new car..
43 Years Experience
University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Good Samaritan Medical Center
Dr. Steven J Bowley accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Banner Health Network HMO
- BCBS AZ Alliance Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBanner Health Clinic, 4400 N 32nd St Ste 200, Phoenix, AZ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Steven J Bowley in this video.
Dr. Steven J Bowley is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Phoenix, AZ.